MATERIAL TESTING LABORATORIES
Material Testing lab is one of the important subjects in mechanical engineering. It is the physical science that looks at their action of body movement and deformation due to mechanical and other loads. The objective of the Material testing laboratory is to demonstrate the basic principles in the area of strength and mechanics of materials to the undergraduate students through a series of experiments. In this lab the experiments are performed to measure the properties of the materials such as impact strength, tensile strength, compressive strength, hardness, ductility etc. By performing required test in this lab, student gets a realistic feel of experiment. The laboratory demonstrates important concepts from the strength of materials theory course.
Major Equipments :
- Universal testing machine, 40 ton capacity, tensile and compression testing on work piece.
- Microhardness testing machine, max. load 150kg, for testing hardness of the metal or alloy.
- Impact tester, to analyze the impact resistance of the material.
- Spring tester, to make test on helix spring for tension and compression.
- Erichen cupping machine, For testing sheet metal.